1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

New. League. Record.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's a gold standard for contesting an election.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

God bless you and keep you safe, Wisconsin. I saw this video and tears came to my eyes.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That the decision forcing the choice of risking their health to vote came from two courts whose justices are working remotely out of fear of the virus just makes it perfect.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thank you Wisc! Show the cheaters that you’ll persevere just as Rosa Parks and Jackie did.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She did what she was hired to do — send out nasty tweets and go on Fox to complain about the unfair media. Her time working for Melania taught her how to #BeBest.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Stephanie Grisham out as fakepress secretary. Donald’s tired of her mouth. Apparently it’s too big and makes little Don feel inadequate

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

TFW when you meet your son's insane father-in-law for the first time:

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

From today's WaPo Daily 202:

Trump yelled "Fire the guy" and his asskisser of an interim SecNav did so, now having second thoughts after the stink over firing Capt. Crozier. Having lit the fire, Trump is now ready to play Fire Chief.

"Acting Navy secretary Thomas Modly said over the weekend that he moved swiftly to relieve Capt. Brett Crozier from command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt because he didn’t want President Trump to get involved after Crozier's letter sounding the alarm about the spread of the novel coronavirus on the aircraft carrier leaked to the media.

Well, that did not work.

Trump announced on Monday evening that he’s going to “get involved” in the case and “look at it in great detail.” He said he spent time earlier in the day reviewing Crozier’s personnel file and recounted several details of his distinguished military career.

“I'm going to get involved and see exactly what's going on there because I don't want to destroy somebody for having a bad day,” the president said during his daily coronavirus briefing. “You have two good people and they're arguing and, believe it or not, I'm good at settling arguments.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.