1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No sympathy whatsoever for any of these "acting" buffoons. You know what you're signing up for.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Sometimes the Brits are very subtle. David Cameron resigned as prime minister after losing the Brexit referendum, engineered in part by Boris Johnson.

Now, here he is, tanned and rested, on some lush country estate or tropical island. He's seeing all the right things about Johnson but the subtle message is Ah-ha-ha-ha!

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Can someone who knows the Constitution a lot better than I do answer this: How is there not a Constitutional amendment simply guaranteeing the right to vote for every adult citizen, one that enforces it over any kind of suppression by states, counties, municipalities, etc.? I realize there are amendments dealing with this, but what am I missing? Why is this being allowed? We preach democracy and being a republic and allow voter suppression, why? State's rights? County and city ordinances? It's maddening.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

In the world before the Roberts Court, we thought the 15th, 19th, and 26th coupled with the Voting Rights Act spelled it out pretty clearly.

OscarMadison, Webster and Kato like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

John Roberts is a MAGA punk disguised as a "neutral umpire" jurist. Damn this dishonorable court.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Power politics. Bare knuckle power politics.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I sort of want four more years of Trump so he can wallow in the shit he shat.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The argument is that it’s “fair” because the opportunity to vote is the “same” for everyone in that area, it’s color blind. But come on, don’t insult my intelligence, we call see why.
    But also, the feds leave it up to states HOW to gather votes so long as it’s “fair”. That’s what Bush v. Gore was about, how much leeway is given to States to enforce their voting rules.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The real reason to post this is the office politics, not the stuff we already knew about the memos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.