1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The only reason that Navarro was on this is that he's obsessed with China to a racist / creepy / make dishonest arguments extent.

I am certain that Navarro was less concerned about a pandemic that he probably didn't think was going to happen, than he was in trying to use it to scare people into the things Peter Navarro has been arguing for for the last 3+ years (and before he was in the administration), such as travel bans and trillions of dollars of deficit spending to create more faux boom activity that he'd then credit to Donald J. Trump. If he could have rationalized more tariffs or made a ridiculous trade deficit argment based on the virus, Navarro would have gone there, too.

The trick here would be to find ALL of the memos Navarro was sending. I will bet with certainty that they all call for the same kinds of things, virus rationales or not.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Webster likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's fine, and I hope it happens. That said, using this one to beat up Trump works just fine for the moment.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Wisconsin voters are showing us the light through this crap and shows us the pathway to seeing the current scums walk out in January 2021 in shame; and in the background will be Susie from Curb Your Enthusiasm shouting "GET THE FUCK OUT!!" That'd be perfect.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You could have knocked me over with a herd of elephants

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I would love some statement as to why, other than that the President has the power to do so. It is spending the federal government’s money — why would anyone object to some proper oversight? The GOP has fought this from the start and Trump has even said after signing the law that he doesn’t believe that there should be any second guessing of this. Example 1,000 as to the fallacy of draining the swamp.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am sure you are correct. There's probably a memo arguing impeachment was China's fault.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As poli scientist Jonathan Bernstein of Bloomberg has said repeatedly, "drain the swamp" meant only "liquidate our enemies."

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Above all, Trump is excellent at creating and maintaining his brand, which he seems to like do far more than working. I remember his constant hyping of Mar-a-Lago as the Winter White House and how that was so important to him.

His people and his friendly media outlets are excellent at amplifying this. The “wartime President” nonsense which he and everyone has to constantly spout is just infuriating, hollow and empty.

qtlaw likes this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Hard to believe FATUS could hire four press secretaries and have each one be worse than the last.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.