1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Special election. The Republican incumbent was appointed to fill a vacancy by Scott Walker when he was Governor. He was Walker's lawyer. Never been a judge. So the election is held on the closest statewide election day to when the original judge's term expired.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thanks. So the Trumpandemic is a total game-changer. It's what their klan needed to win the election.

4. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Depends - in some states you had to sign a statement that you would be out of the area on election day, or otherwise unable to vote on that day.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not to be confused with the hordes from Mexico.

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Just like his powerful travel China ban.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

As usual, #Presidementia on full display. May he shove a flaming poker up his own ass.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I stopped watching a few days ago. He’s a liar, a bully and a mean spirited fool. I’d rather watch something fun because nothing he says is ever going to change my mind about him.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This is Trump's brain on drug companies. Any questions?

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

In Tennessee it has to be mailed to an address outside of the county in order to vote by absentee ballot.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In theory, Massachusetts absentee laws are strict. Bill Galvin, Sec. of State for like 40 years, hates all progress as only an old-line Irish Boston Democrat can. In practice, it depends. In my town, it's easy. Just show up at the registrar's office and vote whatever day you please. Early voting, which we've had the last two elections, eliminated that issue in pre-corona days.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The president is looking into Modly's resignation. He would hate to have a guy lose his job because he has one bad day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.