1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Drink Bleach, but not too much!!

2. Starman

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There was a delay while doctors determined it wasn't just "that time of the month"

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I've done some stupid things lately, and this might be a stupid question. But here goes:

Does the virus within a person die if the person dies? If so, how quickly?

5. Starman

"Try it, you'll like it."

"I tried it. I thought I was gonna die."

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Eventually, yeah, the virus will die. It's a matter of how long the virus can stay alive on human tissue. Kind of like, "How long can it live on cardboard?" "How long can it live on a metal surface?"

When you are alive, the virus uses your cells to replicate. Which is what causes your sickness. When you are dead, though, your cells die obviously. So the virus can no longer replicate and because you are no longer coughing or breathing, you aren't spreading it either. So it will die off, kind of like if it gets left behind on a countertop and nobody picks it up to provide it with host cells with which to replicate, eventually it will die off.

ChrisLong likes this.
  7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Eventually, it does. But not as soon as people would think.

Viruses continue to reproduce as long as there are available cells. As cells die following the host's death, that reproduction slows down and eventually dies out. But for some viruses, it lingers. Smallpox sticks around for an absurdly long time. Workers who have to handle Ebola victims wear full Hazmat suits since it's so contagious through bodily fluids.

I would think COVID victims are less contagious after death than other virus victims.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd still demand full PPE to handle a Covid victim, whether it was two hours or two days later.

9. Neutral Corner

Ok, this is interesting. Nitric, not nitrous.

UAB testing new COVID treatment on ICU patients

There's a guy on my UAB message board who posts in fractured English. Turned out once I got to know him that he's French-Canadian, English is a second language, and he just plain stinks at written English. He's also the former head of Transplant Anesthesia at UAB. He commented on something related to this and said that this stuff was the bomb. I have no technical knowledge, but I trust him on that one.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It seems Fauci's wife donated to Democrats in the past. The Qdiots are saying this means he's a deep state operative undermining Trump (supporting evidence is he's served every POTUS since Reagan). Start the clock on when this reaches Fox News and Trump.

11. Neutral Corner

Paging Dr. Oz...

12. Neutral Corner

I almost hope he runs Dr. Fauci. That might be enough of a stupid action that endangers us all to make a dent on the cult.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted