1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So you’re saying Trump is ok because in your opinion Biden is as dishonest as Trump. Ok. Just want to make sure I have it accurate.

As we are experiencing, our country doesn’t have the luxury of playing false equivalencies to justify Trump. It’s on him.

Don’t sit back and play devils advocate; just say where you stand.

Clearly my solution is we need a change in administration. As I've already said, I would even welcome another GOP candidate. Its always easy to criticize from the sidelines, what's your solution? Just keep on going down the same path for another 4 years?

See you come off as "well Biden lied [about some action in the Congo or whatever] so he's the same as Trump" "so let's just stay the course." And so what about the demonization of immigrants, the lying to the US People, the picking of the stock market over individual lives, the support and comfort to WHITE NATIONALISTS/NEO NAZIS, the belittling of the disabled, etc? You're good with that. Message clear.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I can't afford gold, but I've been buying silver coins for six or seven years. Some are worth a little over spot price, but some, like the Carson City Morgan dollars, will hold their value or appreciate (I hope).

Gold coins regularly come up for auction on the sites I frequent, but they go from $250 to $500, and one gold Carson City coin went for $1,100. Which is way too spendy for me.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Never said that. So no, you don't have it remotely accurate.

I simply responded to one sentence from you that said "Biden will not lie," and look what kind of tangent you've taken it to.

Stick to the narrow subject at hand instead of adding 1+1 and getting 23.453.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Good for you, you picked up one minor "error", for what? To prove that you can pick out some factual inaccuracy? Enjoy your victory.

I'm concerned about the big picture, not nit-picking. But go ahead keep nitpicking (and enjoying your 401k) while people die needlessly and babies remain in cages.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not the same thing as what I have been talking about. ... but I keep making variations of the same speculative trade over and over again, and it has not worked out for me on the whole. From a technical standpoint, the price of silver has looked primed to break out several times, given the technical methodology I employ. ... and I went long on the futures (and with call options a few times), only to see a modest move and then watch it get hammered back down.

That said, from a more fundamental standpoint -- especially with the move gold is making right now -- there is one thing I think you really have going for you. The ratio of the price of silver to the price of gold is the highest it has ever (no hyperbole) been. When that has gotten out of whack to lesser degrees in the past, they have always converged. In this case, I do believe that silver is going to jump in value to converge on the price of gold. Take that for what it is worth, though, because I have been surprised silver has languished where it is for as long as it has.

I like to buy those old Morgan dollars, too, FWIW, even though I am not a huge accumulator of silver. I really love them, though.

TigerVols likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

To encourage you to provide REAL reasons for voting the way you will instead of fantasy ones. I get it, there ARE some real reasons. So stick to them. Is that too much to ask?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

All our money is tied up in duct tape and red beans right now. Soon as we clear a little space in the freezer however, we'll be diversifying into succotash and ground turkey.

OscarMadison and Fred siegle like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How about Biden will lie less because it is almost impossible for him not to given the stunning rate at which falsehoods fly from the mouth and Tweeting fingers of President Trump?

qtlaw and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I've been cutting my own hair for a very long time.

I use the Remington HC5855.

$31.55 at Amazon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.