1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Apparently I’ve recommended it too much.

Sea Bass, TigerVols and BTExpress like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The crash of the Trump book economy after November will dwarf the current downturn.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

As long as you’re not doing the Keith Richards heroin.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Sold out, too. ... But says "in stock May 2"

Funny, though. .... I realized a week ago that my head is getting shaggy & went to find some clippers and found everything that would be reasonably inexpensive sold out. Amazon, Target, Walmart, the manufacturers online stores, etc.

Started monitoring Ebay. Found a bunch of people who were reselling various Wahl, Remington, etc. clippers for pretty big mark ups, and being a cheap bastard, I was on the fence about paying $100 for a pair of clippers that used to cost $35. Then, a few nights ago I found someone selling a "manufacturer refurbished" version of your exact clippers -- "the virtually indestructible," same model #. I was the third from last person to snag them before they sold out. It looks like they had 659 of them and they basically sold them all in 24 hours.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  6. goalmouth

After all the FATUS bullshit, Americans are finally in the streets. (But it took a lockdown to do it.). #ETTD

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I got a trimmer years ago for my hair, but I tend to make a mess, so Mrs. OOP does the trimming every couple of weeks.

8. goalmouth

Color me shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that sports journalists cut their own hair.

sgreenwell, HanSenSE and Fred siegle like this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In my defense, there really isn't much left to cut these days. The only reason I trim rather than shave my head is the former is less work. I can use the trimmer every two weeks or shave every day or two.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Exactly. But of course, we have to make sure absolutely every single statement by Biden is true because you know if you make one misstatement that equates to a guy spouting falsehoods every day for the past 4 years (including the primary run up).

HanSenSE, garrow and tapintoamerica like this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yikes.

Order from Amazon, I guess. They're good clippers.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I haven't tried to buzz my own hair since college. I actually am way too confident that I can do a good job of it. Like totally convinced I am going to give myself the most beautiful fade in the history of fades. I am planning on doing it myself this weekend, but Ms. Ragu has been trying to talk me into letting her do it instead. She is convinced that I am going to make a mess of it and we're going to have to go full zero cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.