1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes. Three more weeks, one would hope, would give us a lot better sense of where this crap is going. By then, it will be five weeks of shutdown, longer in other places. But there should be no openings until May 1 at the earliest.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Aside from the very first estimate (2.2M deaths), all subsequent death models (500K, 200K, 100K) took social distancing, sheltering and shuttering into account. The models were just BAD.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

As Fauci said, the models are only as good as the underlying assumptions. Fuckhead FATUS made it clear again today that he won't permit mass testing. He doesn't want the facts known, the fucker wants to make up his own facts to protect his reelection campaign.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Hmmm. This one could get interesting.
    "No state shall deprive to anyone within its jurisdiction life, liberty or property without due process of law," the 14th Amendment reads. (Roughly.)
    Let's say a car registered to a particular individual is parked in a lot belonging to a Trumpist pseudo-Christian church. Cop writes down the plates and the state police later informs the registered owner that he or she must self-quarantine. But the cop didn't actually see anybody get into the car. Registered owner says, "Did you see me leave the vehicle and enter the Trumpist pseudo-Cristian church?
    Cop: "No, but your car was there."
    Authorities require owner to self-quarantine as a consequence of allegedly having violated the restrictions, but there's no trial. Exigent circumstances, etc. Does this constitute a deprivation of liberty without due process?

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh FFS.

matt_garth likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You know what? Question all you want BUT tell me what better solutions do you have and on what data is that based on? When I question Christianity does that make me an expert? No. It’s just one opinion in 8.5 billion of them.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

we're undercounting C19 deaths

and we can't model anything without accurate inputs

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I don't take responsibility at all

10virus-us-briefing-hartisland-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Number one on Facebook

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I have about a dozen used/unofficial plates I could rent out. :)

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted