1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see numbers like this from all over as they start to become more known. You can say all you want that any deaths are being counted as COVID deaths (I've seen car accidents used a lot, which is just nuts), but when you have hundreds and thousands of deaths you wouldn't normally have something is causing that, and right now that's COVID. I am sure it will get spun in some way, but it's tough to look the other way from a graph like this.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

She already went. She defended it after the fact.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm in favor of stay at home orders. This includes from church.

My goodness gracious Christians in the early church spent years on end meeting in the back rooms of homes in hostile places. Guess what? Around the world, they still do.

Romans 13 applies.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"It was a beautiful haircut, a tremendous haircut. You know, in the old days, nobody would have noticed. Today, not so much. My uncle, John Lightfoot, was a great person. He cut hair for I think like a record number of years. He was a great super barber. Had a shop on Maxwell Street. Fantastic shop. Biggest in Chicago. They only called 'em barbers back then. Today they're hairstylists. I like the term barber a lot better. People's appearances are very powerful. My uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right — who would have thought?"

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

stop

please

some better, some worse

maybe judge the US response only as the US response.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Medical ethics? Never heard of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted