1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Neither has he:

[​IMG]

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'd say the US response has been average. A little below.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My anecdotal evidence on this backs it up. Went searching for disinfectant last Saturday and ended up down in Colonial Heights, about 20 miles from where I live. Came back north on I-95 where the speed limit is 60. I was going 67 and being passed like I was sitting still. Saw at least a dozen cars breaking 80, if not 90. Cops are still out there folks, don't be stupid.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You do realize New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is a Democrat, right?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You’re right. My mistake.

The score is now Republicans 1,682, Democrats 14

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It sucked. It should have been prepared. Prepositioned supplies. Pre-ordered back ups and contingencies. Tests ready. Medical personal alerted and lines of communication between experts and hospitals and medical providers. This country had advanced warnings not only of this virus but of pandemics in general. Trump ripped up every plan. Dismissed scores of experts, disbanded units and committees. A complete fuck up. Costing 10 thousand lives so far maybe more already and 10’s if thousands in the near future.

A catastrophic calamity. It was foreseeable.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I just scored a gallon of hospital-quality disinfectant / virucide online and I feel like Walter White boosting a trains' worth of methylamine.

Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The IG will get to the bottom of this!

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

FTFY'all

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think the score is a lot closer to even than you realize, but the impact of the Republican mistakes is greater because President Trump's words and actions have a larger impact than those of any other politician. He is the one most responsible for the lack of preparation, the lack of information and the ongoing lack of a coherent national response.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted