1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

1) Trump had the lead time the rest of the world and didn't take advantage of it.
    2) Amurrican Exceptionalism suggests we should better than the rest of the world in the first place and at least learn from the rest of the world at any rate.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Richest nation on earth = not quite as prepared as Portugal.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"We did not respond to the partial catastrophes. Who now speaks of the fires in Australia, or remembers that 18 months ago a boat could cross the North Pole because the glaciers had all melted? Who speaks now of the floods?" the Pope said.

"I don't know if these are the revenge of nature, but they are certainly nature's responses," he added.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Still have not found wipes but I did score one spray bottle of bleach disinfecting cleaner at Target the other day. As long as I have that I can live without the wipes.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If anybody's curious why Trump doesn't care about this thing and is allowing it to thrive, consider this:

Through yesterday, there are 79 counties with 1,000 or more cases. They account for 80% of all cases and 85% of all deaths attributable on the county level. (About 5,000 cases and 1,500 deaths are currently listed as "Unknown" in county lists.)

Of the 79, Trump won both the county and the state in four. Those four places, his favorites among the afflicted, account for 2.4% of all cases and deaths attributable at the county level.
    Of the 79, Trump lost both county and state in 47. Those 47 locales, the places with his greatest wrath, one must assume, account for 57% of the cases and 65% of the deaths.

He won the county or the state (but not both) in 28 of the 79 instances.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Nice.

Yeah. Don't worry about the wipes. They create a lot of unnecessary waste.

As long as you can scrub things down with diluted bleach, or even soap and water, you should be okay.

Cosmo and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sue, sue, sue to the dark side of the planet Mustafar. Sue the quack for every nickel he ever owned.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And that's how whataboutism makes things better.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

November.

November 4th, to be exact.

Draft saved Draft deleted