1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Because we're not as well informed as we used to be. It's way too easy to get news that agrees with you and the news is constantly trying to keep people on their side. We have a lot of dipshits who can't think anymore just regurgitate what they've heard and tie themselves in knots to convince themselves they're not being had.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Blame Dr. Birx, who said they're taking a very liberal stance on deaths. Anyone who dies "with" COVID-19 is ruled to have died "of" COVID-19. That means my late 92-year-old father, who had congestive heart failure, stage 4 renal failure and COPD, would have been ruled to have died "of" COVID-19 had he managed to contract it while in hospice.

Pointing stuff like that out --- as Carlson may do --- doesn't mean he's downplaying the virus. Fuck, you can't give a smidgen of positive news on this board without being accused of downplaying it. That's how poisoned minds are.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That’s how absent minds are.

4. Spartan Squad

Or, or -- and I'm just spitballin' here -- Fox is trying to cover Trump's ass because he has royally shit the bed in this response.

And how did you go from Fox News is trying to down play deaths to us pissing on positive news?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You're just arguing semantics. People who have HIV die from something else.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

People with cancer often die of pneumonia, renal or heart failure. Doesn’t make it any less a cancer death.

besides, anyone arguing over the semantics or numbers deserves to get horribly ill.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. doctorquant

In my estimation 450 million Americans died from Covid-19 today. Argue with me at your peril ... I hope you come down with only an ingrown nosehair..

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If you're diagnosed with CHF in 2015 and are diagnosed with Stage I breast cancer in 2020 and die of heart failure two weeks after your cancer diagnosis, it ain't a cancer death.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So you think how these deaths are counted is a legit question?

10. doctorquant

I think if you studied really, really, really hard ... you might rise to the level of an ingrown nosehair.

11. Spartan Squad

And I could get hit by a bus after getting a diagnosis of an ingrown toenail. Has as much relevance to your analogy in defense of people who are trying to cover for Trump. (For clarity, I'll toss in a Comrade for good measure)

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Your example was on their last legs anyway, amirite?

tapintoamerica and Spartan Squad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted