1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Did you pay $450 for it?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

$405 ... had a 10% off coupon

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You need a larger coupon than that to get the correct price.

4. doctorquant

In all seriousness ... OF COURSE questioning the methodology is legitimate. Are you kidding me? Maybe the extant methodology is leading to deaths being undercounted. Maybe it’s leading to them being overcounted. Either of these would be a pretty useful thing to know, right? But we’re to shut off that line of inquiry ...why, exactly? Because the SECessionists wiped their asses with their left hands or some such thing? Is everyone here other than me a sockpuppet for tapoutastupid?

5. doctorquant

The waitress had nice t ... teeth.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So Brit Hume, Candace Owens and Diamond and Silk might be on to something?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Diamond and Silk only give a fuck about Donald Trump because Donald Trump has managed to make Diamond and Silk a bunch of money. They said as much at the White House. They're fucking leeches.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're not wrong (left hands asside; I have no clue) but I have serious reservations when the people pushing it have such an obvious agenda. I'm in the camp of we might be undercounting because we don't have an accurate case count because testing is not available enough. And I don't think there's enough "we jumped the guns" to over take the under. Again I'm not saying it's impossible our count is over with respect to known cases but I really need to hear it from sources other than Trump's propaganda machine for me to give it more thought.

9. doctorquant

It seems reasonable to think deaths have been undercounted. It is idiotic with a capital smallpotatoes to think that even exploring the question should be off-limits because ... Diamond and Silk?

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

1) For the sake of discussion, let's say the totals are being overcounted and that the real COVID-19 death toll lands at 40,000. That's a second flu on top of the one we normally get.
    2) Whatever the final number winds up being, the Dear Leader said his people told him 2 million would die if we did nothing and let the thing run its course.
    3) I'm not yet willing to forget one of the underlying arguments in the "open the economy now" message. It's the one that says old people need to shut up and die in service to Trump's re-election bid. It's the one that says that once you reach a certain age, you have nothing left to provide. My dad, suffering from dementia and other ailments, broke his hip in his late 70s. The prognosis was not good. But he fought back. And in the final 14 months of his life, he taught me courage and patience. I'm not willing to dismiss those 14 months. They are not trivial to me. I cherish them. It turns out he had plenty to offer.
    None of these three situations should be tolerable. All three have been espoused by Fox News and the Mullet of the Plains' preferred network.

I don't want a doomsday scenario to unfold. If things don't change quickly, I'll be out of a job by summer. I'd rather not be unemployed.
    I enjoy sports. I'd like to see them come back.
    But burying our collective heads in the sand at Saint Dabo of the Upstate's beach place in Florida will not benefit anybody.

TigerVols and TowelWaver like this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The iggy has made my life a whole lot more peaceful.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This guy?

iggy pop.jpg

Twirling Time likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted