1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm in *Texas*, and they now regularly cut away from the Trump conferences. Like, usually they'll air the first X minutes, and then cut away at some point and never go back.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Happens to all long-running hits. They run out of new material and before you know it, the President of the United States is water-skiing over the shark tank.

3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

No, no, not at all. I will vote for Biden. I’ve said that many times. Some will not. They’ll stay home because they feel so strongly about sexual assault accusations. Not a credible accusation, you may say? Everyone will individually make that call and some will find it credible based on their interpretation of the story and Biden’s history of uninvited touching and kissing. Maybe that’s not fair, but it’s reality.

Yes, Trump is far worse, by any measure. That doesn’t matter to some, like a friend of mine who is sexual assault survivor. It would be insensitive to condemn her for that.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The accusations of assault against Bill Clinton were about 1000 times as credible as those against Biden. And yet, in the middle of the Lewinsky-impeachment drama, which was 24/7 if you're not old enough to remember, Americans didn't believe them. Why? Because they were familiar with Clinton and saw his basic MO as that of a seducer, not a predator. Same with Biden. Uncle Joe might not be up to date with the latest sexual mores, or even those of 1995, but commit an act of violence against someone? Does not compute with voters.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"You know my uncle John Trump was an oceanographer at MIT for like a record number of years and he would explain to me the power of the great white--which by the way are my two favorite words....."

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Looks like DeSantis will be joining Trump and Koko B. Ware in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Can NASCAR be far behind?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No. Too many states. And of course, they’re getting more mileage during the lockdown than anybody else just by leveraging the iRacing platform.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm late but ... When you've lost Texas...

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm not saying whether its credible or not, I'm just pointing out that a pending (unsubstantiated, uncorroborated) accusation is a ridiculous reason to vote for the alternative. Sorry to the victim, but we've got someone who says "just grab them in the p*ssy" and that's much worse.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

E338F29B-F31E-4B54-B0F5-0BCB07C20800.jpeg American Ingenuity or Stupidity?

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.