1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oregon isn't one of them. And Washington is worse than both.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Every man for himself! Your neighbor is in worse shape than you? Fuck him! Never mind that his problems can very easily become your problems!

tapintoamerica and Fred siegle like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're going to spike the ball because Oregon is better than a state with far more international travel and 10 times the population? It's a fucking testament to the state and local leaders of California that we aren't making New York look like a haven.

Besides if Oregon doesn't work with Washington and California on this, coming out of shelter in place will just be a shit show. And none of this would be necessary if we didn't have a buffoon who cared more about his TV ratings than saving American lives.

And BTW Oregon's 39 per capita is fucking fantastic but California's 62 per capita is the reason the death toll hasn't topped 100,000 already.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Promising look at daily death totals. Maybe last week was the peak?

4/6: 1,278
    4/7: 1,466
    4/8: 1,725
    4/9: 1,899
    4/10: 1,954
    4/11: 1,929
    4/12: 1,798
    4/13: 1,617

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Let’s wait until we’re clear of Easter weekend to get our hopes up.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?"

trumpmow-1505502580.jpg

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

From sleeping in cars to swabs moving in vans to planes, timeline of a Covid test bottleneck thread:

9. I can only speak for me, but it sure seems like, in my state of Maryland, the governor is in charge and what he says will go when it comes to reopening the state. And I trust that will be with everyone's best interests in mind.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Putting aside Alma's idiotic take, what do we think of these coalitions of states in the Northeast and on the West Coast. It seems to be necessary, in part due to the the lack of leadership from the Trump administration. It also seems like it challenges President Trump's authority. Of course, that has him whining.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I was not a fan of Hogan, but I have no issues with how he’s handled this crisis. It shows how low the bar is for politician, particularly Republicans, when Hogan looks like a hero for simply stating the facts, sticking to them, refusing to lie about anything, even if it is painful, listening to public health experts and not business leaders, and doing his best to care for all people not just people with money.

It also shows what a disease Trump is, and how easily he could have reframed his whole presidency with the simple an act of leadership if he wasn’t, literally, one of the worst people this country has ever produced. Any expectation that any event will make him behave soberly or maturely or selflessly is so incredibly naive, it actually makes me laugh when I see it contemplated. It would be like asking a lizard, over and over, to play the banjo. It’s not happening.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted