1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Donald Trump doesn't trust the experts or the facts. He only trusts his gut and his instincts. And where has that lead? Impeachment, tens of thousands of dead Americans and a crashed economy. This November, the experts want you to trust your gut and vote Trump out of office.

2. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

We've seen (apparently national) TV ads, as well as billboards sponsored by local business interests. Several weeks ago we received a postcard telling us how to fill it out online, then another postcard reminding us to fill it out online (we had already done so). In 2013 when we moved here, we had combined two apartments into one but kept both mailboxes, and our nonexistent apartment received both postcards as well. When we didn't respond to those, we received a paper form with a number to call with questions, and a call center person told me how to report that nobody lived at that address.

I assume one of the reasons for delaying is that the bureau sends followup visitors to interview people at each address for which there isn't a response. (A friend did this as a summer job while in college.) I can see how there would be a reluctance to ask temporary employees to conduct in-person interviews these days. Don't know if they're still making educated guesses after that stage about how many people didn't respond and what they would've said; I remember that a couple of years ago the right-wingers wanted only actual responses to be counted.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's getting, it's getting, it's getting kinda hectic

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

MAGAMAGAMAGA

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

W.T.F.

SFIND likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I received a series of letters and post cards pestering me to get it done.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

OK. I'll be Fletcher Christian. I say we set him adrift in a boat.
    Then, we can play Moby Dick. Someone else can play Ahab and harpoon his fat ass.

HanSenSE, 2muchcoffeeman and SFIND like this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. As I and many others suspected. President Trump is feeling threatened by the coalitions of states in the Northeast and on the West Coast. He also can't handle people questioning his authority to "re-open America." He is trying to re-establish his authority by calling it a mutiny, but his failures as a leader are a big part of why the coalitions exist.

11. Neutral Corner

That "39 most absurd lines" link a couple of posts above takes him to task for that nonsense pretty thoroughly.

12. Neutral Corner

>grin<

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.