1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Welcome to the team, comrade!

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Along those same lines, I found this to be an interesting story about a successful treatment:

Emergency room doctor, near death with coronavirus, saved with experimental treatment

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For this reason, why not get Nevada involved, during mostly to traffic between LA and Vegas, as well as those taking the 15 minute trip to Lake Tahoe.

Spartan Squad and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"WHEN SHOULD I REOPEN THE COUNTRY?"

trumpmow-1505502580.jpg

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Yesterday I went to my favorite bar, put $20 on counter and told the bartender I didn't want anything. They banned sitting at the rail, and there were only the bartender and the cook in the whole place. I was shocked that it was even open because most of the downtown businesses are closed.

After that I went to the grocery store for a few things. I wore a mask my mom made and didn't dawdle, picking up prescriptions and a few essentials. But, man, it was creepy as fuck, and after I left the store it felt like little bugs were crawling all over me. I couldn't wait to be home.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Harvard researchers say intermittent social distancing could be necessary until 2022.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

They can just drop a curtain off the tram bridge between Whisky Pete's and Buffalo Bill's that crosses over the 15. That is sure to keep people from escaping Nevada into California.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Gov. Newsom just held a presser for Covid 19. He was giving us a light at the end of the tunnel, saying he is going to start shifting to getting us reopened by turning up the dimmer switch (slowly). But he also cautioned that until we get to extensive testing, contact tracing, how to limit exposure to those most vulnerable, beef up health care capacity to handle surges, plans for social distancing as we get back to work and a triggering mechanism if we need to shut down again.

But mixed in there, he said it is highly unlikely that events that draw huge crowds are going to return any time soon until we can get herd immunity or a vaccine. Seeing as we are not getting a vaccine until 2021, sports are probably done in California until at least then as we know them. Likewise, he said places like schools may be altered to prevent spread. So we may be starting up again in August, but God only knows what that will look like.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Biden isn't elected president in 2020, Queen Ivanky will take over.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And . . . we have our first 2022 proclamation.

We'll do anything to keep this sucker in the bottom of the first inning.

Draft saved Draft deleted