1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"the sane"

sure, but if you lift restrictions too early, you simply consign us all to a longer quarantine

how's that national testing program coming?

Tweener and Fred siegle like this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Or we open schools year round and students attend one day in three. That would keep class sizes down to 10.

You could also do away with all PE, arts, music, band, and other things and students attend every other day.

What you are looking to do is keep class sizes down to 10.

3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Sports was basically the first industry to shut down in this country because of COVID-19. What is true of economic downturns is probably going to be true here, in that the first ones in will be the last ones out. Everything else is going to return to some semblance of normal before the mass gatherings do.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You're also telling people they cannot attend church for 15 months.

Good luck with that at Christmas.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Governor Newsom was talking today what a restart might look like. He said it will likely include such things as fewer tables in restaurants, wait staff wearing masks and gloves and disposable menus. My thought would be electronic menus or a phone app would be better than disposable menus (cheaper in the long run). Just wipe down the tablet as you would the table after a customer leaves and you're good to go.

I agree, take out will be my go-to until I'm sure we're good. I actually have been enjoying getting take out from places I don't normally think of as take out.

Neutral Corner and Tweener like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There isn't a public school system in a city of over 500,000, hell, probably 250,000, that could get class sizes down to 10 no matter what they did.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Stagger start times for cohorts and higher more teachers.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We're either going to wait this out, or keep re-infecting one another.

Your choice.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You could. It just takes sacrifice.

Elem school teacher has 20 in her class. She sees 10 in the morning and 10 in the afternoon or 10 one day and 10 the next.

Middle school teacher has 150 students. He would see 50 one day, 50 the next and 50 the next in groups of 10 in 60 minutes classes.

High school te same way.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

We were always going to keep infecting each other. This is called "flattening the curve" not stay inside until no one is in the hospital with it anymore.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We got through Easter without being in the building. We can get through Christmas as well.

Heck, a lot of churches are getting more virtual attendees than actual people through the doors.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Hire more teachers? With what tax dollars since everyone is locked inside?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.