1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

This happened once a couple of weeks ago. There was a report that the Health and Human Services Inspector General said there were reports of hospitals still waiting for supplies. He was asked about it and, of course, interrupted the reporter.
    What's his name? I ask you, what's his name?
    Original reporter didn't know.
    Another reporter chimes just about one minute later with HER name, Christi Grimm.
    He interrupted again. Oh, Inspector General? How long has she been the Inspector General?
    The other reporter didn't know immediately, but found out a couple of minutes later that it was January. Then he added that she worked in the Obama administration.
    The president erupted in laughter. The Obama administration. That explains it. He continues laughing and the people behind him are laughing and nodding.
    Typical.

Trump Dismisses Christi Grimm IG Report on Testing Shortages

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Did you read the story?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's exactly what happened. And then I added a post explaining it. Read the story. It quotes one public health expert after another about what it looks like to reopen the nation over the summer, then wraps the piece in a political bow at the end using James Stockdale's seven years of torture in a Hanoi prison as some stand-in for the collective American experience. In essence, it's leveraging all these scientists' expertise and wisdom into an (unnecessary) larger political framework that they may or may not agree with but, on top of that, isn't their expertise. Public health officials don't corner the market on political morality.

You wrote "ffs" as if that says anything.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

There is no going back. Revolution awaits.

ffs

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think that's more or less what the author has in mind. A total political upheaval - a sea change in America. Why else write the last section the way he did?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I don't care what position you hold...if you worked for Obama and now, 3+ years later you're still working for Trump, you deserve all the ridicule you get.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

See isn’t that how 2016-2020 has warped us? Now everything is political; our freakin health crisis.

That’s not the America I was sold as a first grader in 1969. Nor the one when I signed up for Selective Service in 1981. Call me naive but there was supposed to be a greater good than just party. Country over party. Yes there’s politics but we voters deserve better and should demand better. It’s not acceptable. Throwing up your hands and saying “I give up” is not being and American. Demand better.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

She had worked for all the previous administrations going back to 1998. The point is he interrupted the reporter, demanding information. Ridiculed it. You are asked a direct question and you demand a bio on the person you're asked about.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The last one I watched was the one in the Rose Garden, when Pence promised four million tests just any time now and Trump introduced all the CEO's who were going to have testing stations in their parking lots.

If anything of substance happens, I'll hear about it. I just don't need the aggro.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Last one I watched in full was the one saying the measures would remain in place until April 30. When we get closer to that date, I'll peek in again for a longer duration.

Trump's a lot of BS and bluster most days. He's like some old "city boss" from the political machine days, only without the total power those mayors had.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Except that he's the President and a thousand times more dangerous to the country as a whole.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Assholes.

Draft saved Draft deleted