1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Here's the thing about Newsom 2024:
    If he's running in 2024, that means Trump won, and there might not be a 2024, or he'll be running against the sitting VP, likely from his home state, who has the DNC nod of approval.
    He shoulda have run this time around. I realize that would have put him going pretty much from his first governor win to the POTUS campaign trail, but he's out of sync with the cycles.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Trump’s guidelines is what I thought June would look like. This is too soon, and we will see what states open up. I live in a state that will be slow to open no matter what the pillbillies in their Call of Duty cosplay outfits think.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That is most certainly NOT the answer he should have given.

He should have hammered the difference in ease/difficulty of transmission, not "effective treatments" that TOOK THE BETTER PART OF TWO DECADES to achieve.

Everybody is too busy congratulating Fauci for "owning" Fox News to realize this.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Kato likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

0C8AE18E-6010-471D-B78F-BC2D063CC970.jpeg

Neutral Corner and I Should Coco like this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Seriously this is what I remember. I didn’t automatically hate Nixon because he was a Republican I thought he was ok because he opened up with China and ended Vietnam. ​

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the Sixties into the Seventies, there were still such animals as "liberal republicans" and Ivy League educations weren't considered bad things.

And until 1964-65, most of the white trash yayhoos were still nominally Democrats.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Mike Vrabel’s doing his old boss proud, what with the AFC CG appearance and all.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think it’s pretty obvious Biden’s picking Klobuchar and I’m not so sure she’ll be able to beat Newsom.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's weird. Even though the name associated with the Red Scare is a Republican senator, subsequent GOP presidents (Ike, Nixon, Reagan, Bush41) were by far more proactive in trying to achieve detente.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.