1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

not many good metrics yet.

but the 'population density' arguments you see on Twitter don't really hold up very well once you look at the numbers from Navajo Nation

Why Epidemiologists Still Don’t Know the Death Rate for Covid-19

Geographic Differences in COVID-19 Cases, Deaths, and Incidence ...

What Coronavirus Exposes About America's Political Divide

5 new COVID-19 deaths confirmed on Navajo Nation as total cases rise to 921

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I read about SF’s response in 1918 how they reopened too quickly when they thought they had beat it and tens of thousands died needlessly. People need to remember history.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

History? Half of these assholes don't remember last month or think it's fake news.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They need to learn it, and any sort of learning is a foreign concept to some of these morons. This idiocy in Pennsylvania is pissing me off, in large part because I still have quite a few friend and family members there. That includes my brother, whose wife just gave birth to their second child last week. I just keep thinking of that adorable and very vulnerable infant and her family being surrounded by impatient idiots.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This is example #1 of why you need SIP. Read people.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My advice to you is to stay off the comments sections of any PA news site on Facebook. I just spent about three minutes on the PeeGee's comments on a story and wanted to toss my phone off of a wall. We're doomed. From the dopes who don't grasp big picture concepts to the straight up troglodytes screeching that Dr. Levine is transgender.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The more scientific reports we get about the large disparity of coronavirus deaths among communities of color, the quicker Republicans will be reopening their states.
    Remember, ALL Republicans are racists, and all racists want people who don’t look like them to die.
    America!

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought we would get to this point, where the impatience would override common sense. There is a time to re-open the country. That time is not now.

The widespread violence is next on the menu.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SCALE UP TESTING?"

trumpmow-1505502580.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted