1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Say what you will about this guy being a nobody whose opinion doesn't matter, but he does have a way of cutting through all the bullshit and saying what this quarantine is really all about, hating Trump and finding a way to blame him.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My thing about Newsom is he should have appeal to voters.
    He is experienced, rational when he speaks, tall, slim, handsome (I guess), and young compared to the others.
    Heck, just stand him on the stage next to Trump and ask:
    "Do you want West Coast JFK or Fat Nixon?"

3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What could go wrong, especially in Virginia?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, some of the replies are pretty good. Still amazed that anyone can look at this guy and think, "Now there is a president!" Still worried that he'll get re-elected because there's a fuckton of stupid out there.

OscarMadison, TigerVols and Driftwood like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As someone with 14000 dead neighbors, I'll politely disagree with you both.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You know I was being sarcastic.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Normal Presidents, yes. But he's already defusing the blame by targeting some governors who don't have Trump's 40 years of screwups that serve as some kind of weird heat shield. People are lazy attacking Trump doesn't get you anywhere, attacking a governor from the opposition party? You get your pound of flesh and don't have to bite the hand that feeds you.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The worse he gets, the harder it gets for his voters to abandon him, because it makes their original choice look worse and worse. Too shameful to admit they were fooled and/or were fools.

9. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I actually was in the "It's-just-like-the-flu!" camp for a while. I understand the argument that Covid-19 should be treated like any other disease.

That being said, I've come around to the other side. This disease puts such a strain on the medical system that you need to tackle it head-on through drastic measures. Otherwise, more people are going to die who don't even have it, because of all the diverted resources.

(There's also the argument that it's truly horrible to drown in your own fluids but gosh, let's not get sentimental here.)

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Check the polls. Trump's like the only leader in the damn world whose approval hasn't skyrocketed since the virus crisis. Went up a few points, now it's back to where it was, somewhere between 40-45 percent. He can't get it both ways, as the all-powerful Oz and also as someone who has no responsibility for anything.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

virtue signaling for twitter cool points

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Are you truly this dumb?

For me, this quarantine is about a desperate fight to keep my wife from dying in a plague. Trump could have seen to it that this was a minimal event, but it would have taken competent advisors telling him what to do and him listening to people who are more knowledgeable than he is. He get the blame because he screwed the pooch bigtime, and continues to every chance he gets.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.