1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Depends on what she's doing. A Social Worker basically needs a Masters to get a job, and they still don't get paid much. Mo degrees, mo money.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Wait now he's gone from blame Obama, blame China, blame media to all:

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Like, in February?

OscarMadison and goalmouth like this.
  5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

That would be news to us in Singapore. We're all of one degree off the equator and we had more than 900 new cases yesterday. Found out today the Singapore Land Authority is putting our housing complex under even stricter watch -- all exits but one closed, have to declare your destination if you leave, mandatory temperature checks before departure and upon return, fines for anyone who sets foot outside their unit without a mask (even just to put out the trash).

There might well be something to heat and humidity keeping this thing down, but it's sure hard to see from here.

Slacker, SFIND and TigerVols like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Agree. It isn't like it isn't spreading in the Southern Hemisphere. Maybe the virus does not last as long on warm surfaces or something.

I'm not counting on it. If it is of any help, we'll be getting the heat soon. If there is anything to it I'll take it. Shrug.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

this all started in march february was an obsolete broken month

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I saw a story a month ago about heat vs. cold. This virus likes cold, doesn't like heat. Story said that it will die in 133 degree heat. Wonderful. Hottest I've been was 119 driving through Death Valley. And I don't think I'm going to put something 133 degrees into my sinus cavity.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Open the beach
    Drink the bleach

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted