1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I know of health care workers who use an oven to disinfect used N95 masks. Not optimal, but beats just continuing to use them.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Cool thing in Colorado today. The Air Force Academy had its commencement this afternoon in Colorado Springs.

The famed Thunderbirds did flyovers at several hospitals up and down the Front Range -- from Fort Collins to Pueblo -- to honor front-line workers. Several people were out to see them. Saw them fly over Denver and was pretty cool to see.

WATCH: Thunderbirds fly over Colorado's Front Range Saturday to thank frontline workers

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It was pretty awesome to watch and how it brought everyone together. They flew directly over our neighborhood. Many people out, not near each other, though! And then to see all the reaction on social media was cool too. Not an every day thing for sure. It was a fun experience.

OscarMadison and MileHigh like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

For sure. I saw some pictures where many people were stopped and lined up on Lookout Mountain west of Denver to see it. I was at the nearby park and people were cheering. It was very cool.

10. Neutral Corner

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

That probably works as long as they take them off before putting them in the oven.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've spent a lot of time in South Carolina. My father lived there for the last decade of his life. My older brother was there for before he died this past September due to a combination of poor health, drugs and stupidity. He was a big supporter of President Trump and fit just about every ugly stereotype of them. That is not true of his three children, who have all lived in South Carolina their entire lives. My oldest nephew has two young children.My niece is a nurse who works in a hospital there. As much as this worries me for them, this kind of irresponsible decision puts all of us in danger. The patience of the morons making that decision lasted all of two weeks. That's how long the stores and beaches have been closed.

President Trump has found a way to push his agenda while putting the blame on the states. His rhetoric is still dominated by the need to protect the economy and open up, but when it goes horribly, the governors will take the blame. He will happily throw them under the bus as he has done to so many others. I'm amazed at the stupidity of so many people in being loyal to man who has no loyalty to anyone else but himself. It is important to remember that President Trump shares in the blame for terrible decisions like the one in South Carolina. It isn't just a lack of leadership on his part, though that is clearly in evidence. This is his rhetoric. Republicans seem to think they are sticking together by protesting in some states and re-opening in others. Never mind that they are sticking together in doing something stupid and short-sighted.

Draft saved Draft deleted