1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Who the hell has been jonesing for that new tattoo out there?

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

There might be a few who are anxious to get the former love of their life’s name covered up after spending a few weeks locked up with them.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They'd have been at risk of lynching if they did that to medical personnel now.

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm afraid to ask, but what now?

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

I focus more on the middle graph, where Trump advisors admit that they're willing to risk the health of his supporters to make political points.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The MAGA hats in rusted out F-250's with Confederate flags have made their way to the state capitol building to protest "FREEDUM OVER FEAR."

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So Mr. Giroir, to quote you "[people] who are misogynistic and who are abusive to other people. I don’t have a loyalty to that. "

So do you have any reservations of working for the President who unequivocally said "Grab them in the P*ssy?" Is that misogynistic?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    garrow likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure they have some questions, but that doesn't even mean the tests are definitely flawed. For one thing, they are new because the virus itself is new. Even with established tests, doctors tend to question a result that doesn't fit the symptoms presented by a patient.

I've mentioned previously that I had symptoms that seem to fit COVID 19 twice, once in February and again in March. I was tested in March. In February, doctors really weren't looking for it in the Northeast. I had a nasty sore throat and a cough in the morning, then by mid-day I had chills so bad I couldn't stop shaking. I had a 103 degree fever at its worst, no energy and ached all over. My doctor was sure it was the flu. Even after the flu test came back negative, she just assumed it was a false negative.

I guess it's possible I had COVID 19 then or that I had a false negative in March. I can tell you that what I had in February was definitely worse and that I'm not sure I fully trust any test.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It's interesting because although Polis still gets crap from some about doing too much, I actually don't think he ever really wanted to do a stay-at-home order. He took about a week longer than most thought he would, just adding more restrictions to businesses, then when he finally did it after many cities and counties beat him to the punch he only originally had it until April 11, which he eventually extended until the 27th. He has never wanted to totally shut things down so it's not a surprise he'll lift things already.

What will be interesting to see is if cities and counties follow suit or extend theirs or have even different restrictions on businesses and activities. I'm also interested to see what the overall restrictions are going to be. Will we be required to wear masks in public? Will there be gathering limits, which still pretty much means most activities still can't happen? Will there be dates of lifting those things or will they be wait and see?

I'm sort of done with all of this as many of us are but I am for the precautions. I kind of wish he'd go a little longer just to make sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted