1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The amateur science here is shining brightly. You assume everything g is going to be linear from here on out, today is a static point. Who’s to say that NC will keep on this same trajectory? When did people start social distancing ? There’s a huge reason why the scientists didn’t look in March and say this was not over until past Summer, because there is a huge latency present. You think 54% of deaths in US will end up being in NY & NJ? I doubt it. The other states will “catch up”.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The whole premise is that dark stinky people in NY and NJ aren't real Americans and their deaths don't count.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

North Carolina doesn't have NYC, a reigning international mixing bowl. Obviously, that drives the NY and NJ numbers.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So fucking what? NYC is part of the United States.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

edit: Posted in the wrong place. Oops.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

After I posted this, the price of WTI crude on the forward contract crashed even farther, down below $8 a barrel. Every type of crude is trading below its cash cost, due to the storage problem, but it's particularly bad in Western Canada, where the price of Edmonton mixed sweet and Edmonton C5 condensate per barrel went NEGATIVE. As in, supposedly at the moment, they will pay you $4.50 Canadian to take a barrel of C5 condensate off their hands.

I don't think the world has ever seen anything like this.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have room for a barrel in my garage, but the shipping fee would kill the profit.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In the summer of 1986, when I was a kid just starting to drive, I saw gas as low as 62 cents a barrel when the market collapsed. That's close to where they are now in some places accounting for inflation. The party's over in the Permian Basin.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Who ya gonna believe? The Journal Sentinel or some jerkoff on Facebook?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.