1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

These penny ante Cliven Bundy types know the coronavirus and the federal government's wretched response to it threatens their god-emperor in ways the Mueller Report or impeachment never could. No amount of unethical misdirections by Bill Barr or craven obstruction from the Senate GOP can cover up what the public already knows: Trump is a colossal failure.

OscarMadison and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The May WTI contract that expires soon just got down near $1 a barrel. This is unbelievable.

The CME is saying that the contract CAN trade negative. As someone who has traded that contract as a speculator, and even once took delivery of an insane amount of oil (believe it or not), I am really feeling for the speculators caught right now. There is getting trapped in a position, and it's designed to cause maximum pain, but there are some people who got caught here who never anticipated what is happening even being possible.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Those amateur scientists at the University of Washington say my state has peaked.

https://amp-charlotteobserver-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article242125841.html?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#aoh=15874041938155&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article242125841.html

My county has been shelter in place for 26 days, my state for 21.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Speaking of the impossible, someone showing compassion for oil speculators. LOL

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Well, we know where old_tony was yesterday.

6. goalmouth

Golden Sombrero

7. The Big Ragu

Those speculators make that market for anyone who needs to hedge. Aside from the fact that I feel the same "compassion" for any of them that I'd feel for anyone getting beaten up financially (including you, if say your livelihood was threatened), yeah, for me it's a "there but for the grace of god" thing. ... From your standpoint, whether you realize it or not, those speculators are a steady reason why an airline ticket didn't cost $9,000 on any given day when you had a trip you absolutely needed to take. But LOL.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fully expect Melania to start doing this in a week or two. Except in her alternate facts version, Cinderella is deported.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Kramer and Newman can figure this out for you.

10. The Big Ragu

May WTI crude oil. ... 90 cents a barrel a minute ago.

EDIT: Still going. Got down to 19 cents a barrel. ... It may go negative.

EDIT2: It hit 1 cent a barrel a minute ago. Unreal.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I take it all back. The crap in my garage is a much better investment. The snowblower alone....

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. goalmouth

If you had Dying for Iced Tea Refills to Own the Libs in Covid bingo, you're a winner!

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.