1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's actually a guaranteed profit. ... IF you can actually take delivery and find a place to put the stuff. It's like the ultimate arbitrage opportunity. ... that nobody like you or I can possibly take advantage of. At the moment, May WTI is trading at 20 cents a barrel. June WTI is at $22.05.

It's insane.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I have a big parking lot behind my place. We can store it there.

3. The Big Ragu

Approximately 159,000 liters per contract, if that gives a frame of reference. And unless the parking lot is an old salt mine, I'll assume you are bringing your own tanker? :)

Seriously. ... The price went negative. I have never seen anything like this. It's actually sitting at negative $7.50 a barrel, and it keeps falling. If you are willing to take the oil, they will pay you $7,500, as it stands at the moment.

This is incredible.

EDIT: Negative 14.39 a barrel just now. 5 minutes to go in what used to be the open market hours. I never thought I'd see anything like this. The idea that the price would go negative is mind boggling. Nothing like this has ever happened. To go THIS negative, though, shows just how badly they have broken the markets.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've got almost 900 acres in the Ozarks. We can go in together and crush the market!

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m in. Put me down for - $500.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

All these whiny fucking bitches. So pathetic. Great astroturfing effort here. Great job.

8. The Big Ragu

Holy shit. It's crashing. Negative $40.32 a barrel heading into the open hours close. I can't imagine how badly trapped some people were. The market went illiquid on them. This is wiping out fortunes.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If I’m interpreting this right, they’ll pay you $10 a barrel to take it off their hands.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The stocks app on my phone just shrugged its shoulders and gave up after it hit zero. I don't think the algorithm writers accounted for the possibility it could go negative.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Someone needs to write a ballad for the plight of the oil speculator.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OK, but you'll need to bring your own jug to carry off some of the oil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.