1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Looks like someone studied base maintenance at Trump University.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He's gonna kill so many of us.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dragged his feet on fighting the virus. Rushing into re-opening before the virus has been pacified. It's almost like he is intentionally harming his own country.....

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That sounds about right. He is far more focused on his own version of campaigning than he is on actually doing his damn job.

Experts are telling us it is too soon to reopen, but he's pushing that door open anyway.

That seems to be a clear statement that he thinks it is safe enough to reopen, yet now that he has passed the buck for reopening onto the states, he wants to use the pandemic as an excuse to stop immigration.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Same here from the Times. It's this sort of default to reasonability, to the normative language of non-crazy candidates and presidents that got us into this fucking mess.

"Liberal" media my ass.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Only thing it left out was “I take no responsibility at all.” That should be in damn near every ad from now until November, since it’s really the tag line of this Presidency.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  8. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Not that I think that opening up is a good idea, but I don't think that's what the WH guidelines say, at least according to the WH Covid website. What's your source? Neutral also said (on the virus thread) that this was one of the criteria, so maybe I missed something. Did the WH announce it one way and then post a different set of criteria, or was this a case of someone like Fauci discussing the criteria & saying that states shouldn't open up without 14 consecutive days of decline?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, the 14 days of decline was on the semi-Power Point thing Trump had at a press conference last week. Could it have been removed from the website on Trump's order? Sure. Could it have been omitted by the usual incompetence of said White House? Also sure.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Opening Up America Again | The White House

CASES

Downward trajectory of documented cases within a 14-day period

OR

Downward trajectory of positive tests as a percent of total tests within a 14-day period (flat or increasing volume of tests)

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe webmaster Jared Kushner did a few tweaks last night.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So if testing is scaled back for whatever reason, they can cook the books on the downward trajectory of positives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.