1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In one of my text chains, we have a hardcore Trump guy, a republican who has gone Fox News crazy in the fast 18 months and 2 other more traditional GOP types. We've tried to avoid politics because it devolves quickly.

On Sunday, the FNC crazy guy has his panties in a twist because there is a mobile testing site for two counties (including his) and you have to show proof of residency. He's ranting about you can vote without ID and isn't there testing fraud, etc. I tried not to take the bait, but finally said something like -- you know that they are doing this because there is a scarcity of tests and they don't want people from all around the state driving over. And it has nothing to do with voter ID laws. Within minutes, I get a flood of texts back about the WHO, Pelosi's fridge and exaggerated death tolls.

My next door neighbor watches FNC non-stop and every Trump briefing (I can see his TV through my backyard). We are usually cordial but every conversation comes back to what a great job Trump did with China and that he recognized the threat before anyone.

You simply can't push these people off of their message -- they are rooting for a team, not the facts or even an ideology.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This seems politically inadvisable.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, all DemocratIC candidates and officeholders should stop referring to Fatfuck as "President." They want to bust norms, let's bust norms.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The ONLY good out of reopening is that Biden will crush Fatfu*k.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Starman

So when Fatfuck orders the reopening, you return to work because you have no economic choice, you get infected and die, your heirs have no legal recourse.

6. Starman

Hey! Wait until you find out his plans for Social Security and Medicare, on about Jan. 22, 2021!

He (and some of his bootlickers) have already let slip some hints, but let me assure you, it'll be exciting!! It'll be like nothing you've ever seen before!!

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Day late and vote short for this last-legs crowd. Awww shucks, granddad, I hope they lift stay-at-home orders in time for us to go to your funeral.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!!! Something will be at risk --- your health or your finances.

Right now many people are having that choice made for them by their governments ("your/our health is more important than your finances.")

If/when there is a reopening, that choice will fall to the people themselves instead. Some will be eager to go back to work. Some will be apprehensive. Some may seek work-from-home opportunities. Choices, choices, choices.

So of course there is no legal recourse --- because nobody (outside of the military) is ordered to work.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Hey, it cost her former co-worker Heather Nauert the UN ambassador’s job

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Hmm, when can we release this report so the fewest number of Fox News viewers will hear about it?"

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m just surprised she didn’t call him “boy.”

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We have testing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.