1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I suspect you, um, misinterpreted my point.

My point is, if you reopen the economy, workers who would otherwise be able to protect their health by staying home without risking their finances, will have to choose between returning to work (risking their health) to protect their finances and healthcare, or not returning to work (protecting their health) and risking their finances and healthcare.

That's not a choice. By all sane logic, if your company reopens, you must return to work and risk your health if you want to protect your finances and access to healthcare.

I don't begrudge anyone who wants to go back to work either. I understand it completely. But if we're following your logic, all those poor souls who want so badly to go back to work also have a choice under a closed economy — they can go find work at an essential business that remains open. Meanwhile, the people who prefer to protect their health without risking their finances are able to do so.

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for everything you're going through. You're one of our most interesting posters and, from what I can tell, a marvelous person.

The sad fact is, however, that "protecting the economy" is also protecting peoples' lives. A shattered economy means shattered lives, poverty, reduced health care, lowered life expectancy, increased crime, opioid addiction, depression, suicides.

Stay safe and healthy.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Media still complicit, describing as "lies" FATUS not remembering recent rallies and that he hadn't been out of the WH in months. #Presidementia

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with this. I think everyone would like the economy to reopen as soon as it's safe to do so. The argument is whether it's safe to do so right now, as many conservatives seem to believe, or should we — as the scientists seem to recommend — wait until we have widespread access to safe, reliable testing, increased hospital capacity, further research into vaccines and treatment, the ability to rapidly respond to outbreaks, etc.?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's because TRUMP is going to use the nano-tech implanted by BILL GATES and SOROS that's inside all vaccines to trap them and send them to prison! 47-D chess!

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Since yesterday was 4/20 I went to great lengths to avoid FatFuck and the postgame shows
    I found Reefer Madness on FLIX2 and enjoyed it as always
    This is how I am when FatFuck is on

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  7. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Why not oil company stocks instead of actual oil? It's more of a medium-to-long-term opportunity, but the case is easier (for me, anyway) to understand - at some point the world and U.S. economies will recover, and the oil price will return to a level at which (the surviving) oil companies can make profits. An ETF might be less risky than the stock of a single company, as it would diversify among companies with different mixes of production and distribution, geographic location, indebtedness, etc.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If you chose not to go because of fears for your safety does your unemployment stop?

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Nice little state you got there.

Be a shame if anything happened to it

“We’re looking carefully at a number of these rules that are being put into place,” Barr said. “And if we think one goes too far, we initially try to jawbone the governors into rolling them back or adjusting them. And if they’re not and people bring lawsuits, we file statement of interest and side with the plaintiffs.”

Barr Threatens Legal Action Against Governors Over Lockdowns

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Another surefire vote getter from the Trump administration!

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Donald's all about that base

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Protesters are gathering in Dealey Plaza in Dallas.

Naw, not any symbolism at all there, I’m sure ....

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.