1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Imagine being in the chain that fast tracked hydroxychloroquine.

I wonder how they feel?

The ones who knew better, the ones who knew there was protocol in place for a reason. But they went along to appease the sociopath.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the data is so desirous for this to get worse

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He's risking my health, too. And yours.

That's the problem.

If it were only the risk to the individual, swell. Freedom away!

But it's not.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Another very good point.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

If reports are true and no funds were allocated in the new package, the Republicans are within sight of killing off the USPS.

For the good of all, of course. I'm sure things will go swimmingly once it's gone.

And if true, fuck the Dems for rolling over on it.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You can smell that coming at warp speed. Republicans absolutely live to kick people off unemployment. They had about a three year orgasm cutting off unemployment after the Bush/Cheney crash of 2008.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

We may end up going that way. As my father-in-law suggested, it's probably better to invest in good companies that are getting beat up by the pandemic than companies that are rapidly rising because of it. We're going to get past it at some point.

We don't typically invest in commodities. We're mostly low-risk, long-term investors. The sudden crash of oil prices, though, piqued our interest. Ultimately, we're probably too risk-averse to try it, but I'm curious to learn more about it.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Mr. Wrong checks in

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Yep. May contracts bounced back into positive territory at $9.06, but June is plunging to match it. The Saudis will be butt-chugging crude before you know it.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"What happens when in three months we eliminate all restrictions but people are still too scared? Too scared to eat at a restaurant, go to a movie theater or to a ballgame? Not now, then. The redhats pushing to end the quarantine will discover that without a vaccine, there is no economy."

[​IMG]

Mngwa and matt_garth like this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you check under a bus, you may find Judge Doom.

garrow likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Look, the Republicans would if left to themselves happily walk away from everything. They don't care if people live or die, so they as shit don't care if businesses go under or people go penniless. It is hard to negotiate with sociopaths. There will probably be no further action from Congress because the GOP doesn't care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.