1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Dems will not roll over on killing the USPS. Full stop.

A first class stamp in the UK is 76p. That's 93¢ US. At that rate the USPS should be fine — round it up to a buck even. The USPS' poverty is artificial.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They only care if it affects their campaign donations, money flowing to their PACs and their personal portfolios.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The Republicans have been trying to kill it since 2007. The USPS was forced to fully fund their pension and rate hikes are not up to them.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It's his world, we're just paying for it

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He is growing a vaccine? Or is Rudy in the bag again?

6. Twirling Time

Wait a minute. I thought Rudy was the Senior Legal Adviser & Attorney to President Trump. Did something change?

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

More writhing, slurring, oafish reading from America's best-dressed wombat. #Presidementia. #TimesUpFuckhead

8. Twirling Time

I missed the start of the Six O'Clock Follies.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Disney looked kind of appealing to me - Like, if Disney isn't making money in the future, what kind of world is that? However, they do get a good chunk of revenue from theme parks, and it isn't hard to imagine that that business might have peaked.

The biggest oil companies, though - hard to believe they're going to go under. The demand will return at some point, I guess it's just a matter if it's X months or X years.

11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

This seems fairly important, as traditional campaigning with rallies and door knocking are now all but impossible. Digital campaigning will be crucial.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.