1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not needed blue wave FATUS finished

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fucking media at the pressers talk with their hands, too, in obeisance to President TinyPaws.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

My day-time job over here deals with these issues directly. No one cares about stamp prices because no one sends social mail anymore. The big issue is how much it costs to send a package. (And even that doesn't matter so much, except for the little e-bay folk who hunt frantically around for the best deal. Big internet retail is where the money is and the price they actually pay... fluctuates.)

But what you need to do is raise stamp prices gradually or the sticker shock kills off the Christmas cash cow, along with the smaller Easter and birthday stuff. (There's also non-social mail that would suffer at such a huge price rise.)

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Yes, I know. She’s a white racist.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I received a FedEx delivery today. This was the truck that showed up in my driveway. No shit.
    upload_2020-4-21_19-21-8.png

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wombats are actually adorable and deserve better treatment than you have given them here, sir!

Wombats-Facts-Photos.png

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Is that where the book suppository building is?

2muchcoffeeman and Webster like this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Don't know. If you get laid off with a month's severance, and a few weeks later they call you back offering you your job back and you decline (for whatever reason), do you lose unemployment?

I kind of doubt it. I have no idea how strictly the states monitor recipients looking for work and sometimes refusing it. But the rules are much more relaxed with the virus, so I'd bet anything the person can stay on unemployment.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.