1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sacrifice the weak?

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In one sense

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Purdue President Mitch Daniels plans to have students return to campus next August come what may. On the down side, this will result in a lot of sickness and some deaths, maybe many deaths. On the bright side, since no other Big Ten schools are likely to follow suit, Boilermakers will have inside track for the Rose Bowl.

I Should Coco and Fred siegle like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I thought he was one of the few sensible Republicans. Guess not.
    How can Purdue assert it will start on time if IU isn’t making the same claim?

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I work at IU and I'm not sure the administration is very close to deciding yet. How can they? Purdue certainly can go rogue if it chooses but, whew, I just don't know. But I also know it will be a real mess for schools that can't open, from a financial and personnel standpoint. I would worry for my job if virtual classes continue and thousands of students decide to just stop and save their money. Don't get me wrong, I also want everyone to be safe and not sacrifice lives for a packed Psych 101 lecture.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Even better: The Rose is scheduled to be one of the semifinal games this season.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Perdue Boilermakkers?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Can I just hit pause for a minute and say, as a Daily alum, how it warms my heart to see them quoted here.

And secondly not a dumb move and allows international students to still attend classes.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted