1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The most effective treatment for COVID-19 is a combination of wearing ill fitting fedoras and reciting quotes from The Wire

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

What a leader

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We know what we have to do

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When historians look back on how our country responded to COVID-19, they'll be disgusted. It isn't just the yahoos protesting or the ignorant politicians - but how aggresive people are being with their douchery. Imagine what it would be like if they rolled out the vaccine this week. Would those in most fragile health be given first place in line? I doubt it. We'd get this.

[​IMG]

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, actually …

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Two new Fox News polls tonight show Biden up eight on Trump in both Pennsylvania and Michigan. Quinnipiac poll has Biden up four in Florida. If the election is tomorrow (obviously it's not) Trump gets thumped badly. Quiz: What will happen between now and Election Day to turn that around?

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think hospitals will do a good job at preventing mass hysteria (mostly, but there will be high-profile exceptions), but the problem will be much like we saw at the start of this whole mess: People most at risk can't get a test yet professional athletic teams manage to get enough for everyone on the squad. They'll set up appointment windows that will drag for months to get everyone but the nonessential rich guys will manage to get it. And Fox News will declare it to be America at its finest.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I watched a DVR'ed James Corden show earlier today - he had Biden on last night (this morning, I guess).

I realize he's not the ideal candidate and, yeah, he may not be as sharp as he was five, 10, 15 years ago.

But my gosh, the difference was startling. He's still about 1,000,000 or more times better than Trump. He's human. He's smart. He's compassionate. It blows my mind that someone could look at him and look at Trump and think Trump was a better choice in ANY way.

Corden asked the "how would you reassure America" question and guess what? Biden didn't tell Corden he was a terrible interviewer. He gave a good, heartfelt answer that made me feel better. He acted and sounded like a leader, not a childish bully.

I mean, hell, my 11-year-old Lab or three-year-old granddaughter is a better choice than Trump. Watching Biden talk to Corden, it really struck me that the gap is indeed so very very wide.

We'll see soon enough, I guess.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Polls are meaningless until Labor Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.