1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1587602035211.jpg

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It hasn't sunk in. If you haven't had a loved one or friend get it, watching them suffer and/or die, then in most places in America the virus is something that you have to read about and crunch the numbers to understand -- and we know the segments of the population that aren't doing that. They can't understand the carnage because it's not a televised horror like a 9/11, yet this has cruised past the 9/11 death count long ago. They're still rationalizing 48,000 vs. seasonal flu deaths. You really wonder what death tally would get their attention. It's probably 1 million. And 1 million isn't out of the question with this if there's a second surge.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In March my cousin tried Hydroxychloroquine 4 the very first time. Now he's doing Remdesivir, it’s April.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just a guess: The person he's quoting once owned the New Jersey Generals.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Those idiots are just as dangerous as the GOP, which allowed the cover-up following impeachment to keep Trump in office, who didn't take COVID-19 seriously, which killed thousands of people ...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't know. I've listened to The Big Show religiously for more than 25 years. When something ignorant has been said, I've always just shrugged it off as part of the gag. There's been at least three times in the recent mess where I've said out loud, "Come on, man. Not now."

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not sure they're smart enough to know when to stop being in character. Always came across as frighteningly ignorant and, frankly, not smart enough to know the difference. Seems to boil down to hitting the time marks to get the show to their outlets, cashing the checks ... and letting the chips fall as they may,

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I saw a guy today, arguing that football season should happen no less, argue that because of the now official earliest deaths in California that were reported today that everything is fine because that means way more people have had it so thus the death rate is way lower. I wanted to scream, who gives a shit about the death rate when almost 50,000 people have died basically in a month!? That's what matters. That's what's staggering. It's all happened in a month, killing people who didn't even know it existed three months ago. Killing people who otherwise wouldn't have died at this time if this didn't come about. Why this huge, staggering, continuing to grow at a crazy rate number doesn't bother everyone, I have no idea.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Right there with you.

There will be no high school football season.

They will move hell and high water to have a semblance of a high-level college football season, but I'm not seeing it.

Same with NFL.

This is not ending anytime soon.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

48,000 is a low number. Those are basically only tested positive and then died. The number of people dying hhas increased sharply, exceeding the number of reported corona virus deaths. Lots of people have died in nursing homes and in private homes from the disease but were never tested and hence never counted.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump: Liberate (insert state here)!

Also Trump: Well, the Governor is opening things up too quickly. But it’s his call, not mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted