1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Those stores are also a significant source of state revenue when other sources are evaporating. Same reason the one live sport still taking place in the US is horse racing in Florida and at Oaklawn in Arkansas.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Scratch him off the list, then.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"We need the money. Let there be business!"
    "You need an income? Tough shit."

The health of America is at stake, after all. Toxins for sale, everybody! We could always use more depressants and domestic violence in these troubled times.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When it comes to things the cools like - booze - exceptions can and must be made.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't know where the fuck you're getting your info. If anything, Whitmer is likely to extend the stay at home order.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you can "extend" it while also "relaxing" (revising) it. Maybe that's what's in store.

At least 20 states have revised and updated their lists of jobs and employers who would qualify as critical infrastructure to match federal standards. Whitmer has not done that.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Picked a good night to watch the Presidential briefing. I thought the Moron in Chief was going to tell CNN to fuck off.

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Copper bracelets?

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado's stay-at-home order ends Monday morning.

Denver's mayor just extended the city's stay-at-home order until May 8.

Seriously, get on the same damn page.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

From what I can piece together from several news reports and also vague government tweets this is going to be widespread at least in the metro area if not beyond. Boulder already said its city facilities will be closed through May and Arvada said theirs would be until May 15. Personally, while I feel Polis has been overall good during this, his handling of things this week has not been great. Things haven't been super clear what the next steps really are and he's backtracked on some previously mentioned criteria (testing and two weeks of improvements for example). I had a feeling with some of that local governments were going to do their own thing. I don't really know how I feel on any of it. I too wish they'd just all get on the same page.

MileHigh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted