1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This.

Trump is doing what he always does: Deny, attack, blame and rewrite the narrative to make him look better. Even with a video showing he at a shit sandwich, he insists it was a turkey dinner. And people who believe him are doing the same thing. They don't want to accept they bit into a shit sandwich. They twist themselves into a knot trying to justify all the idiocy Trump pulls. And now people are dying but they don't want to accept responsibility.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sure, yes. I know how important it is for most people here to decide one side is worse. FWIW, I’d probably agree. Now, having done that, is there something more interesting and current to ponder?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Neat. I guess you’re saying I have a political view on all this?

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Clear as fucking day. There are value judgments in virtually every non-sports post you make. Some of the sports ones, too.

You're a first-class hypocrite.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ponder?

How are we going to get out of this and who is most capable of leading us through that? The answer should be in place. In fact from 1933 to 2017, we had the answer in place.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

China definitely lied and made this worse, but to claim that nobody knew at the beginning of March is complete and utter bullshit. Plenty of us were calling on President Trump to do more before that. People were telling him how bad it was then and he didn't want to listen.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump is the least capable President we've ever had, and I would include Woodrow Wilson after his stroke when his wife was running the country as better.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd even put Nancy Regan ahead of Trump.

9. Neutral Corner

The "Muh muh muh Corona" thread was started in late January. I'm not going to read it to confirm dates, but I'd be willing to bet that I posted in February that I was buying extra on staple goods and sticking them up in the pantry just in case. Anyone with half a brain knew that a highly contagious disease running unchecked was a potential pandemic.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

OK. What’s my political view?

Understand, this place is a funhouse mirror. Me suggesting kids need to get back to school in the fall - that they’re not getting anything close to adequate instruction right now because parents don’t have time or space to teach - is reframed as me hating public school teachers.

12. Neutral Corner

I think that the Cabinet had more understanding and control with Reagan, and given television his condition was more obvious. Wilson's condition was kept as secret as possible, as his wife and inner circle carried on governance. Wilson's presidency didn't blow up during that time as Trump's has while he was actively running things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.