1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

what makes you think he'd listen if they did?

HanSenSE and Mngwa like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It’s the inevitable result of allowing women and non-whites to vote, amirite?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The old line veterans' organizations, like the VFW, who are a significant part of the Republican coalition, have been able to influence Trump on military matters on occasion. One of their lobbyists could send word up the pipeline, meaning tell Mitch to tell Don, that if one or more of the cadets get sick or worse die after this ceremony, it wouldn't play well with the electorate.

Mngwa likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If Azar gets the boot, there might be a third HHS secretary in this misbegotten administration.

Trump is already on his:
    --fourth White House Chief of Staff
    --second Secretary of State
    --second Attorney General
    --second SecDef
    --second Interior Secretary
    --second Labor Secretary
    --second VA Secretary
    --third Homeland Secretary if he gets one approved
    --second DNI
    --second FBI director
    --second CIA director
    --second EPA head
    --second SBA head
    --second UN ambassador
    --second OMB head
    --fourth White House Press Secretary

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Yet Betsy Fucking DeVos rolls on

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m aware of how I come off - I mean, I'm told, on a consistent basis - and I’d agree that I’m pretty judgmental in the framework of a place full of emotional posturing about “fucktard” this, “spit in your face” that.

Given that I generally write much longer posts than you do, I'm curious how I'm less transparent. I think I'm telling you more or less what I think, in more detail, than reposting tweets and ankle biting.

My worldview is pretty consistent: Rarely is anything as simple as we make it out to be, we all deal with biases and fear, we all tend to peddle in our own extremes, we all like an echo chamber now and then, and they're getting too easy to find, we all look for meaning in some places bad and good and we're all fairly broken people with, generally speaking, the same range of behaviors and imperfections.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Oh, your views are quite transparent. You're just a complete hypocrite about them. Therefore, you're posting in a dishonest way. Dishonest to yourself, and to the rest of us. And if it's not dishonest to yourself, you're doing it intentionally to troll us. Either way, it's not a good look.

And your sanctimony is so well-developed, it's negotiating a three-picture deal with Paramount.

Also, "I write much longer posts than you"? ... Cool. Want a cookie?

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"on occasion" doing a lot of work here.

I'd say it's no better than 50 / 50 he calls this off.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If someone in the administration finds a state governor who'll let him stage a rally somewhere, he'd drop this in a second. That's what he wants. That's what the virus briefings were to him, except they concerned a serious subject and therefore he flunked them mightily.

HanSenSE and tapintoamerica like this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Agreed.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

“My posts are thicker than your posts: Therefore, I am more transparent.”

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.