1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

This is a soothing way to start off a Sunday:

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

We have regulars from this thread that went quiet very suddenly. Maybe we need a COVID roll call.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Injecting disinfectant: The definition of brainwashing.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

People, let me ask, be honest, when in your life did you ever see someone, man, woman, say UNSOLICITED “I’m an excellent....” and think yeah that’s who I want in charge.

Whether it was the mayor, the foreman for the jury, the foreman on a work crew, the QB for the neighborhood. My managing partner for our firm.

I’m being totally honest, NEVER in my 57 yrs. That should tell you enough about the need for change in November.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for the next briefing/presser.

"Sir, when you said (Dumb thing) was that sarcasm?"

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

When's the last time you heard someone say they're the least racist person you've ever met? Who has need to make such defenses?

DJT is a walking blob of hatred- but most of all he hates himself. That is easily seen.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

never forget

the problem isn't what the president says

the problem is the press reporting what the president says

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Baby Nazi Stephen Miller too.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And about nine hours whining.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

To expect empathy from the man is a fools errand. Remember, when he went to the CDC in early March (the one where he talked about keeping the people on the cruise ship to keep the numbers down and lied that everyone who wanted a test can get a test), his primary takeaway was how smart he was at science and how everyone that he met was impressed by his natural abilities.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Slacker, Fred siegle and garrow like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sanctimony regarding...what exactly?

Here's the definition of hypocrite: A person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

First, very little of what I write here is "publicly approved." No. Publicly approved, as it relates to this board, would describe, for example, what you think.

Next, there's the idea that my view that kids' educations are suffering at home, and there needs to be a better plan come fall because parents aren't teachers and, what's more, what's happening at home isn't really teaching, is somehow repackaged as dangerous, and what's more, some version of "fuck teachers."

Finally there’s this argument I’m trolling because...I have a different perspective? To disagree is to be either a hypocrite or dishonest? That’s your standard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.