1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

My feeling is that there should remain a hard shutdown for another month or so -- say, until June 1 -- and see where everyone is at in terms of coronavirus cases, deaths, and especially, continued trending.

Then, there should soft re-openings, determined first by/with states in which the pandemic has not hit as hard, or where its effects are clearly improving, and then, if all goes well with that, start in with other places that have been more impacted, say, about two weeks later, again with individual states/regions determining what they believe to be best to do.

If possible, based on trends, have a full re-opening by July 1 for everything, with precautions like masks, gloves, social distancing practices still in place until Sept. 1.

Then, again, see where we're at, and what's happening.

This would allow schools to possibly effect some sorts of graduation ceremonies, keep (almost)/pretty well to a school calendar year, and give some targets for businesses and workers to make plans/solutions for their needs, with some caution remaining built in.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This all pretty sensible - if a little optimistic - but it depends upon a testing structure we don't yet have and might never get.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For whatever reason I wanted to hear Hyperactive by Thomas Dolby.

Read the recent comments see that Matthew Seligman, the bassist for this song, died of coronavirus.

And apparently, Dolby put together this tribute for Seligman:

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Rescue mission.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nope. The South still isn't past the War of Northern Aggression. (You know this, Neutral, just nod, please ... )

10. Neutral Corner

Do tell. I hadn't noticed. /blue font off

I mean, I posted it.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted