1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When the stage is too big even for the world's biggest narcissist.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I hate Trump for putting these graduates in needless peril — before they are sent off to war — but isn’t the academy to blame for giving in to his demands? The Navy said it wouldn’t accommodate him. Why couldn’t West Point do the same?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

it’s like when people say “_____ is what I do.”

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Because his announcement blindsided them and they will continue to respect the position and authority of the CoC even when he's a tool.

5. tapintoamerica

Move up SEC media days to next week. Open up the hotel’s conference center — or wherever they hold it — to the general public. Have Trump on right before Saban.

6. tapintoamerica

True. All of it.
    But what’s more important: the health and safety of the nation’s future leaders, in whom the defense department has invested $; or respect for the office, which can be demonstrated another day?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"No president has done as much for our military as I have. Thanks to me and our policies, more than 300 sailors on the Roosevelt got the virus, and now I'm infecting 1,000 West Point graduates."

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You are expecting orange douchebag to put what's best for others ahead of what he thinks is best for him. Fool's errand.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Obama would have never bothered to order cadets from around the country to return to campus for a graduation speech in the middle of a pandemic, ok? Never."

[​IMG]

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That’s a nice little rhetorical web you weaved.

The definition of a is b, and if I’m not b therefore I can’t be a, qed not a hypocrite. Some nice straw men in there as well. Awesome.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

All hat, no cattle.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well, you know ... he wanted to compensate for all those times when he had bone spurs and had neither time nor anything else for the military ...

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.