1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Applications were accepted by the Small Business Administration for the second slice of PPP money, $225 billion, contained in the bill passed last week starting at 10:30 a.m. today. At 10:32 a.m., the SBA announced they were accepting no more applications as those filed already exceeded the amount available.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Just had to postpone my July 4 wedding, but lucked out and was able to postpone till July 31, 2021. We will get married in a small ceremony in the interim, but if we didn't reschedule we would have lost our deposits, which is tens of thousands of dollar. Fiance was so emotional about not being able to have it this summer that she wanted to walk away from the ceremony altogether. Pardon my French, but fuck that. All the Saturday dates had been taken for next year, but someone backed out and July 31 is now open and it's ours. Now I can stop answering questions from family and friends about what we're doing. I know they mean well, but ya don't wanna have to parry that unknown with like a hundred people.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry, my friend.

But it's going to be great.

Congratulations.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Hey, man, as long as she didn't want to walk away from you it's a win.

Be well and get your ass married.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Western states are truly Pac-12 territory.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

At the very least, Arizona also needs to jump on board. Ideally, Idaho and Utah too. But I'm positive Idaho will do its own thing given its low infection rates. Utah, I'm not holding my breath either.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Seeing the headline on this was awful enough and then actually reading it was a kick in the gut. This hospital's two blocks from us and a few years ago we had a couple of great interactions with Dr. Breen when we had two trips to the ER within a month. She was awesome, including helping with my wife's toenail being ripped to shreds when the first doctor was utterly flummoxed and Dr. Breen came in and figured things out and calmed everything down in about 30 seconds.

Top E.R. Doctor Who Treated Virus Patients Dies by Suicide

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That's so horrible. Damn it.

Draft saved Draft deleted