1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Have SEC states formed their own clique yet?

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We’re gonna call this the Green States Pact.

3. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Even if landlords do force their tenants to reopen, will they see it as in their interest to let the tenants go broke? In normal times, sure, replace the tenant that can't pay the rent with one that can. Restaurants go under all the time and are replaced pretty quickly by new ones. But where are the replacement tenants these days? With no replacement tenants readily available, does that make landlords a little more willing to be flexible?

misterbc likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I can’t see going to a restaurant where masks and gloves are in play

FileNotFound and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is a good point. Landlords have reason to be forgiving. But landlords of commercial buildings often have large mortgages, and the banks and financial services companies that hold them may not have so many reasons to be forgiving.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Why?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not all bad news! Live Nation picked up $500M from the Saudis! Drinks are on me!

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In my mind, it becomes "what's the point? " Not a pleasant dining experience (to me.)

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Except for the superannuated ones, many were on tour right up to the shutdown. So it certainly makes sense that musicians were more widely exposed.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fair. I think everyone will be different. Some will be find in a half-empty restaurant with proper distancing. Others, not so much. Neither side is wrong.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted