1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You know I’m a guy who pays his taxes every year, for the past 44 years and have I ever complained about federal dollars going to roads and bridges in NC or the military bases at Fr. Bragg and it’s huge outlay? Or bridges to no where in Alaska? Somewhat but I understood it’s what makes America, sacrificing for the greater good. Hell CA has the 10th largest economy in the world and do I say “let’s leave”? because I don’t need to bailout LA and FLA and other hurricane and tornado torn areas? No. That’s America.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Reminds me of some of my favorite lines from The West Wing ... "You think states should do the governing wall-to-wall. That's a perfectly valid opinion. But your state of Florida got$12.6 billion in federal money last year -- from Nebraskans, and Virginians, and New Yorkers, and Alaskans, with their Eskimo poetry. 12.6 out of a state budget of $50 billion, and I'm supposed to be using this time for a question, so here it is: Can we have it back, please?"

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

is a wonderful thing.

Until people start to manipulate what "greater good" means.

And IMO it's the exact opposite of America. It's absolutely what schools in the Soviet Union taught, however.

America is about the rugged individualist and his "unalienable rights" and don't tread on me.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

derp

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Defenestration another virus symptom, apparently

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Weren't we just mourning a tragic suicide by an American doctor oh, about 12 hours ago?

Funny, we didn't put "suicide" in quotes.

Never mind that the suicide rate among doctors is the highest of any profession and twice that of the general population. If it happened in Russia, gotta be murder. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Uh oh Andy

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

damning for Trump

damning for Cuomo

damning for De Blasio

10. Inky_Wretch

Pence is currently touring the Mayo Clinic - sans mask.

11. Inky_Wretch

And this ...

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

This might explain why some black helicopter types think Trump and his cohort have already been given vaccines.

Draft saved Draft deleted