1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

It may be conscious, willful gesture. It's also stupid. Period.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Saw this somewhere. ... Land O Lakes killing off the Indian but keeping the land and the lakes, may have been about as American as you can get.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When you're the guy who lost playing Musical Masks

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 4.31.50 PM.png

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just like Fatfuck staring into the solar eclipse contrary to the warnings of every expert in the world. They ain't gonna let no smarty pants pencil neck geek kollege perfessers tell them whut ta do, becuz freedum.

And they're kinda like real smart guys too. They don't need no high falutin book lernin, cuz they got kommon sense.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. It’s all of those things.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mmmm can't wait to get my hands on the new version of Trump Steaks, fresh from the slaughterhouses of Feces Farms.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I just did a short milk/bread/fruit run to Publix. While I was there I saw one person outside and two inside who did not have masks on.

Everyone else was in one.

10. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I wasn’t pushing Bernie Sanders in my post. Never mentioned his name. His campaign is over. He will never be the nominee. Let’s move on.

I will continue to believe, though, that Biden as the nominee will be disastrous, given the circumstances. Whether you believe Tara Reade’s story is credible or not, mainstream media is keeping the story alive and that’s problematic for Biden. I don’t know why MSM is doing that if the story has so obviously been debunked, as you say.

Whether you or I believe the accusation against Biden is credible, the story is not going away and there is clearly an abundance of individuals who believe Reade. That’s going to weaken the effort to remove Trump later this year.

But by all means, let’s pretend otherwise, ignore what’s going on and proceed with a deeply flawed candidate in “the most important election of our lives.” That strategy worked out brilliantly in 2016.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Where we are riding this out, there is a Trader Joe's less than a block away. Aside from the line to get in there, I wish I could just head there for a few items, but mentally every trip there feels like a 1970s disaster movie waiting to happen. So I am hitting it just once a week, going with a defined list so I can grab stuff and get out, and carrying so much stuff strapped to every part of my body that even the short walk home should be enough to kill a dedicated pack mule.

FWIW, they won't allow you in now unless you are wearing a mask.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.