1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or CNN and MSNBC if any immigrants or minorities were among the quarantined.

Liut likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

From the Tennessean:
    Despite previously moving to mandate a stay-at-home order when data showed many Tennesseans declining to follow his initial request, Gov. Bill Lee reiterated Monday that he trusts business owners and customers in the state will voluntarily comply with a set of guidelines for reopening.
    "I'm not starting with the assumption that Tennessee business owners are going to do the wrong thing," Lee said during his daily coronavirus briefing. "I have trust and faith in the people of Tennessee. They have done exactly what we have asked them to do, which is why we're in this position today."

You mean numbers continuing to rise including the single biggest daily jump? You are correct, Governor.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Don't watch many cartoons, anymore, but must admit these are funny.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's a difference between ill wishing someone to the point that you hope he gets a disease and saying that if they refuse to wear a mask and observe personal distancing they deserve to catch it.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Last time I watched MSNBC ... a couple of weeks ago ... Morning Joe ... I came away with the impression that network made CNN seem fair and balanced.

And what is the deal with an Associated Press White House reporter being, I'm told, a "contributor?"

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It won't. He still either doesn't understand what is happening or refuses to acknowledge it.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sign at the nearby Church League fields ... “Please quit eating bats so we can swing bats at baseballs in June and July.”

Not a very Christian message.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dr. Nick, Dr. Spaceman......

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Lionel Hutz, attorney at law, with his case Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

These guys almost certainly are pissed that they are losing money to their urgent cares, and that's a valid reason to be pissed, but it's not a reason when you haven't dealt with this and have no idea what the numbers mean to spout off about it and make tons of people think things are swell out there. So many people have shared this it's amazing.

I saw YouTube took their video down. It's been spread so much that there are surely bazillions of copies, but hey, at least they took that stance eventually.

Draft saved Draft deleted