1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If a workplace has demonstrated in advance that it has complied with all OSHA regs and they do so in practice, that is one thing. But the dignity of work crowd sure has a hard on to endanger people with little bargaining power.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It sucks, but isn't it necessary for consistency's sake?

A bus driver who just doesn't feel safe and quits because of the virus won't get unemployment (will he?).

How can the "doesn't feel safe to go back to work" employee get better treatment?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Because this is an unprecedented situation. A worker who has legitimate concerns about the safety of their workplace may be entitled to UI. It’s not an easy issue, but for the Gov to place more of an emphasis of that than concrete steps for ensuring that all workplaces are safe says a lot about the commitment to the people of her state.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm laughing way harder at this than I should. Not so much that NC made a mistake but I can just hear this being said out loud.

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Are there states where people can refuse work because of the virus and collect UI? If so, cool.

If not, there's nothing out of the ordinary in Iowa. Better to come out and state a policy --- however unpopular--- than to leave people not knowing.

8. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Biden’s accuser hasn’t had the chance to testify, but she did file a police report — something Kavanaugh’s accuser never did. It’s worth noting filing a false report is of course illegal and can bring charges against someone if it’s determined their claims are false.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I wonder what ol' d_b is up to these days?

One of the funniest posts ever in the long history of this board: d_b was famous for editing all his posts, ALL of them. So THE dooley_womack responded with a one-word post. That he edited.

I guess you had to be there. Carry on.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Such as Trump is doing with his legal loophole/executive order forcing meatpacking plant workers to return to work, spread of COVID-19 be damned.

Walmart needs to be stocked with cheap pork chops and frozen burgers!!!

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I was there. d_b was also the dipshit who posted an ISIS beheading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.