1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

yeah - that went over well.
    dipshit is a pretty good description. He'd post all this weird shit and then "break" news weeks too late.
    Now? d_b would have posted yesterday, "BAD VIRUS CANCELS SPORTS LEAGUES, THREATENS WORLD." From a weirdo website somewhere.

Fred siegle and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's ok because I was told the number is going to stop at 60,000

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

WE OPPOSE ALL BAILOUTS!

Except ours. Bail us out, please.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You don't often see people told to work and die or starve instead. Sometimes folks reach their limit and when that happens, things can get weird fast.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

" ... more on this as news develops."

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Certainly a Hall of Famer in Florida. I've got to guess that migration into that state exploded in part because of air conditioning.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Does my defense of Biden make me a rape apologist any more than my saying Pizzagate was horseshit make me a child sex apologist?

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Why are you pretending the primaries never happened or don't matter?

If Biden is a bad candidate, what does that say about the 28 other Democratic candidates that he beat? If Hillary Clinton was a bad candidate, what does that say about Bernie Sanders, whom she beat by 4 million votes in the 2016 primaries?

The DNC can't throw out the primaries and say they're going with someone else. It does not work that way.

Fred siegle and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Heck of a choice that people would be left with — go back to work for a company which doesn’t take COVID seriously or go penniless

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dennis Prager has announced the social distancing closures were the greatest mistake in human history. ETA until Trump repeats that?

12. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

The DNC can do anything it wants. Party bylaws pretty much say so. When Sanders was winning, there was already talk of replacing him at the convention. I’m sure you know this.

The primaries also took place before potentially damaging information came out against Biden. What you’re missing about HRC and Biden is that they each won, in part, because the party threw its weight behind them. But they are both deeply flawed candidates and the majority of posters on this site — the honest ones —acknowledge that.

Yes, Biden won the primary and will be the nominee. I don’t think it’ll end well and I simply believe the DNC should at least consider doing something now as opposed to September. You are free to disagree with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.